Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome

                Darren Shan is an author of the book series Cirque Du Freak and Demonata. It is a horror genre made to creep and gross the readers out. In the Cirque Du Freak series there are a total of 12 books plus a spinoff book series and a graphic novel series. The Cirque Du Freak series is probably the best selling series Darren Shan has written so far. Demonata has only 10 books in it and isn’t as widely known.
                In my opinion Demonata was 10 times better then the Cirque Du Freak. I think the only reason the Cirque Du Freak is such a hit is because it’s about vampires and currently vampires are the now the thing everyone wants to know about. Darren recently started a new series which the first book is titled The Thin Executioner. I don’t know if that will be the series name or if it’s just the first book. Honestly I’m not even sure if it will be a series but I’m just guessing since all of his other books he has written that I know of have been a series. I have not had the pleasure of reading The Thin Executioner yet so I have no information that is not a guess as of now but I hope to have read it by the start of next week.
                The spinoff of Cirque Du Freak has only one book out so far since Darren has just started it and I have only read a couple of pages. The graphic novel I don’t know anything about nor will I anytime soon, I don’t read graphic novels all that much. Also I think the graphic novel is just the original story with pictures so you could be lazy and not have to read all of the details and just look at the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that vampires are the new thing, take twilight for an example.I havent read any of these books but they sound interesting.I would like to hear more about this new book that you didnt read yet.Can you give me a breif summary of the book that you like more? What is this Cirque Du Freak series about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A horror genre book is fairly rare these days, so I'm glad to hear that you've found one and a good one at that. I agree with Lequan that vampires are a lot more popular than before, but at a sacrifice of their scary appearance after the Twilight Saga T.T

    ReplyDelete